What happens when you put two ladies together, friends with a Lutheran church connection and a need to be more creative?

TwoLuLa!

Welcome to our journey of creative discovery!

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Playing with beads and crochet cotton

This week I decided to get out my stash of beads and marry them with yarn.  I made two necklaces (which I will photograph later) and I just finished a bracelet tonight.


 It is a bangle bracelet with beads crocheted onto it.  I had no pattern and am pleased with the first attempt.  Some of the beads did not cooperate and lay the right way.  Other parts may be too close between clusters.  All in all, I enjoyed figuring it out and am now wearing it!

My sister Janet told me that a bead stash takes up much less space than a yarn stash.

She is probably right.  But what if I have both?


 It is fun to experiment.  I will be making more bracelets.  Stringing small beads is a bit tedious, but the results are worth it.

Carol

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting on TwoLuLa!