What happens when you put two ladies together, friends with a Lutheran church connection and a need to be more creative?

TwoLuLa!

Welcome to our journey of creative discovery!

Friday, September 20, 2013

Bavarian Crochet (aka Wooleater) Blanket



I started this child's blanket quite some time ago (see its first post here).  Somehow it got put aside and forgotten.  I have rediscovered it and am trying to make some progress.  This is my current favorite take along project when visiting Dad. It is simple and repetitive and gives me something to do when he dozes off.






The idea is a rainbow blanket. I started with pinks, then moved into  purples, blues etc.  My goal was to only use the yarn I already had and not buy anymore! I have kept to that, more or less. I think, to date, I have only purchased two new skeins of yarn.  Now that's self control!







What is fascinating is how each new round of color or color family changes the entire look of the blanket and certainly how I perceive it.  Each time that  happens I go through the process of arguing with myself about whether to add more colors or stick solely the palette I've already developed.

I absolutely loved the pink, purple and blues together. I thought that perhaps I should just scrap the rainbow idea and repeat just these color rounds several more times.

But I decided to add the greens...



Wow! I loved the addition of the greens!



I was so happy that I decided to push ahead and add the greens.  I loved this even more than just the pinks, purples and blues.  Loved it sooo much I thought I should scrap the rainbow idea and
 repeat out only the pink to green palette.  I had pretty much decided to stick to this palette until I did some color experimenting...


Hmmmm... not bad.  I texted the photo to Carol and she agreed that I should forge ahead...




Wow!  Love how the yellow looks against the greens. Maybe I should stop right there...And so the argument, and, ultimately, the crochet continued...




The yellow and golds have totally changed the look of the blanket.  I began to feel a bit queazy...Did I like it as much as before... only finishing it will tell.  So its time to transition into orange.

Next,  into the reds...

Peace,

Cynthia

3 comments:

  1. It's so beautiful! I love the colors you've chosen. I'm sure it'll look amazing when it's done. I'm making the same blanket but mine is totally random colors.
    Blessings :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I would love to see yours. Is it on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how it looked when you added yellow and orange!! Thinking about making one with odds and ends.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on TwoLuLa!